Thursday 6 November 2008

Yes! Yes! Yes!

A majority of Californians voted yes on Prop 8 to overturn a court ruling that briefly gave gay couples the right to wed, thereby writing discrimination in to the state constitution.

Most of the funds for the campaign in support of this were funnelled through the Church Of Latter Day Saint's (a.k.a. Mormons) and The Knights Of Columbus (a.k.a. Catholics).

This is nasty, ugly, mean spirited religious bigotry at its worst and an attack on all of our civil rights.

What a bunch of pricks.

3 comments:

john evans said...

amen! Exactly right.

Anonymous said...

Hello Joe,
My name is Brim and I just discovered your blog. While I find most of what you have to say useless and boring, your very first post was intriguing. You said that there is no evidence that Jesus Christ existed.

If you are open minded, I would like to share some examples of evidence and we can civilly (without obscenities and name calling)debate them and there merits.
Are you up for a little friendly discourse my atheist friend?

Brim

Joe said...

The evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ is sketchy at best. I am unable to say absolutely that he never existed, but there is a strong case to be made for the idea that he is a fictional character or simply a combination of several messiahs from the period with a bit of magical embellishment thrown in for good measure. If you think you have some sort of slam-dunk evidence to enlighten me with, then by all means, knock yourself out. I'd love to hear it.

In actual fact, it doesn't matter to me whether he really lived or not. It doesn't matter if his claims to divinity are real or not. Personally, I dismiss those claims just like the vast majority of human beings on this planet.

Merry Christmas!

Joe